Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy Spring!

It is official! Yesterday was the Vernal Equinox and nature sure knows it! I was able to take a quick walk around my property yesterday and survey everything. Luckily, all the snow we had, seems to have only had minimal impact on my azaleas, and my rhodos have snapped back and are looking good.

I love seeing all the day lilies peeking up from the soil. I was so inspired by the new sprouts, that when I was in the garden center, I bought a few things...which I said I wasn't going to do. I picked up some asparagus crowns and some freesia bulbs. Now, where to put them? This addiction to gardening is out of control! But I love it!

I just spent a week in Ontario visiting friends. They still had quite a bit of snow and ice still on the ground, but the weather was heavenly. We talked about her garden plans - she's putting in a pond this year - and I can't wait to see it!

While in Canada, I got to go to Montréal and visit the Jardin Botanique de Montréal! Most of the outdoor garden beds were still under their covers and some snow, but as it was raining that day, I didn't mind spending time strolling through the greenhouses. I lucked out and arrived during the middle of their "Butterflies Go Free" exhibit! A gorgeous display of flora and fauna - hundreds of butterflies and moths that they have hatched out. So here is a bit of spring from indoors...



Well, I'm off to start clearing up the last of the leaves from the beds and potting up some seedlings!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous butterflies...I think we're all starved for Spring, but it's definitely in the air. :)

    ReplyDelete